This material is derived from a framework created by the Software Carpentry and Data Carpentry projects under the Creative Commons Attribution license.
All Common Workflow Language project instructional material and changes to the structure are also made available under the Creative Commons Attribution license. The following is a human-readable summary of (and not a substitute for) the full legal text of the CC BY 4.0 license.
You are free:
- to Share—copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- to Adapt—remix, transform, and build upon the material
for any purpose, even commercially.
The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms:
- Attribution—You must give appropriate credit (mentioning that your work is derived from work that is Copyright © the Common Workflow Language project, and Copyright © Software Carpentry, and, where practical, linking to https://www.commonwl.org/ and https://software-carpentry.org/), provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
No additional restrictions—You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits. With the understanding that:
- You do not have to comply with the license for elements of the material in the public domain or where your use is permitted by an applicable exception or limitation.
- No warranties are given. The license may not give you all of the permissions necessary for your intended use. For example, other rights such as publicity, privacy, or moral rights may limit how you use the material.
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
“Software Carpentry” and “Data Carpentry” and their respective logos are registered trademarks of Community Initiatives.